Wednesday 30 October 2013

Athletics report

Yesterday on the 30th of October 2013 Te Pahu School was joined by students from Paterangi ranged from 8-13 year olds. The athletics was held at Te Pahu School and Paterangi came for a fun day. This was because we had athletics.

I thought we were going to have Paterangi's blue high jump mat. Their mat is half of the thickness as our one. My favourite activity was sprints. Sprints is raced on 100m tracks. I came 1st= with my best frien Pixie, so we had to race again and I ended up coming first. I was raelly nervous at the start of the races because it was so close between me and Pixie.

My second favourite was long jump. I came first in thyat as well. Everyone would talk to each other about how far they jumped and pretty much everyone jumped further than me. But once everyone had finished one of the teachers said to Pixie that I had bumped her down and I had no idea about what she was meaning.
I came first out of the girls in hurdles, long jump, high jump and sprints. I came second in discus and shot put. I think  I'm more of a track person.
Today I have really sore legs and it was also 1000m but I didn't participate, instead I counted the laps.
Next time I would like to jump higher than I did in high jump. I have jumped 1.25m before but this year I couldn't even jump 1.20m or 1.18m. I was so gutted.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy sprints to, but my favourite is high jump.
    -Breanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahah we like the same activities.
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete