Thursday 22 August 2013

Pirongia Lodge

Last week Room 7 went up to the Pirongia Lodge to have a look at the new outdoor classroom. Because we are helping the Lodge with planting and clearing we got to have a turn on the new flying fox that is 10 metres high. But before that Kate (The warden) took us into the bush a little bit. She started to clap her hands and whistle. She did this because one of the North Island Robins that we released earlier this year comes to this call. Kate then fed the Robin mealworms, after a while it was full.

3 comments:

  1. Cool Kayla I love your blog its cool thanks for commenting on my blog its really good to hear from you keep checking my blog and I will talk about my new school bye! Paige :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I reckon that was my favourite part of the Lodge trip. The robin was sooooo cool. P.S. Loved your change of clothes for the McDonald's restaurant after the snow day (!!)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that was so cool.
      I thought that I might be a bit different.
      - Kayla :)

      Delete